Everyday Care - Do's and Don'ts
Looking after your item(s) starts with care. If you follow a few simple rules, you can avoid unnecessary wear and tear and extend the life of your pup's accessories:
- Do wipe away dust and spots with a soft cloth or brush.
- Do invest in a suede brush to lift away any dust and dirt.
- Do spray your item(s) with a water repellent spray.
- Do leave your item(s) out to air dry if it gets wet.
- Do wash your product off with water if it has been in salt water and leave to air dry.
- Don't machine wash your item(s).
- Don't tumble dry your item(s).
- Don't iron your item(s).
- Don't immerse your item(s) in water to clean.
- Don't leave your item(s) in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time as this can cause fading.
- Don't put your items near any artificial sources of heat, e.g. radiators as they can cause your item(s) to dry and crack.
Suede - If you get an oily or greasy mark on your product not to worry there are ways to lift it out. Try applying cornflour overnight and gently brushing away the excess afterwards, for tougher stains, it is advisable to use a dedicated suede or nubuck cleaning solution. Do invest in a suede brush to lift away any dust and dirt.
Leather - Wipe away any excess dust or debris with a cotton or micro-fibre cloth. Next, nourish the surface with a gentle leather conditioner, taking care to test it beforehand.
Wear and tear:
Please check your dog’s products regularly for any signs of damage. When a product begins to show signs of wear and tear they should be removed from your dog. Dog harnesses, collars and leads should no longer be used if the they show any signs of damage. All dog products should only be used under supervision and at the owners risk and discretion.
We do offer a lifetime manufacturing warranty, if you feel you quality for this please check the details here and if you require further help or advice for caring for your Pugalier of London products please do not hesitate to contact us.